03 December 2010

Untitled by Daniele Napolitano

BW019

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
I used a Canon EOS 7D with a Canon EF f1.8 85mm lens. I also used two strobes, one on the left, for the rim light, behind the model and another one up above on the right, pointing down, as the key light.

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
I shot in manual mode at 1/200 sec, f/8.0, ISO 200. I used a wired remote to take the picture.

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
I used Adobe Lightroom 3 for framing and balancing the tones and Adobe Photoshop CS5 to clean the skin a little bit.

Q4. Who is the model?
The model is myself, it's a self-portrait :)

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
I discovered I really like the shadows produced by very angled lights since they tend to emphasize the face features and create a dramatic feeling. So I went with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment