01 December 2010

Gravity is overrated by Rob Webb

Gravity is overrated (308/365)

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
Canon 50D + Canon 100mm USM Macro + 1 x YN-560 Flash + 1 x YN-460II Flash + YN RF602 flash triggers(1x TX, 2 x RX) + Hahnel shutter release

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
1/250 @ f/9 & ISO 100

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
Adobe Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS5


Q4. What is the subject of the photo?
A wine glass with drops appearing to defy gravity and flow upwards

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
I was washing the glass under the tap and I liked the way the water sheeted off the sides and dripped down off of the rim. I wondered how I could use this for a shot, inverting the original image for the "defy gravity" part was just a natural evolution of the concept for me.

Extra Q: Please share an interesting or funny fact that happened while working on this photograph.
The hardest part of the shot was finding a way of safely suspending a wine glass over a bowl so that I could pour the water over the base, in the end I settled for a couple of Tupperware cereal storage containers and some kitchen tongs!

No comments:

Post a Comment