12 December 2010

Splash by Vlad Solomon

Splash

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
Canon 400D with the canon 50mm f/1.8 mounted on it, Canon 580 EX II flash, Cactus KF36 flash, Cactus V4 radio triggers, colored gels, tripod and a cable release.

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
50mm, F/8, 1/160 shutter speed, ISO 100

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
Photoshop CS3

Q4. What is the subject of the photo?
A martini glass with water and an olive in it, shot at the moment an ice cube is being dropped in.

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
I had just received this glass as a gift, and i absolutely loved the elegance of it's shape so I knew it would make a great subject for a splash shot like this.

Extra Q: Please share an interesting or funny fact that happened while working on this photograph.
This is the longest shot I have done so far, took me about 5-6 hours to get what i wanted. It took so much because I had to time pressing the shutter release exactly as the ice cube hit the water and made a splash. I have a lot of shots in which I caught the cube in the air. And of course, after every shot I had to clean up the water from the glass plate under the martini glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment