17 December 2010

More wee rocks by Mark Littlejohn

More wee rocks

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
Pentax K-X, Sigma 10-20mm, Hoya polariser, B&W110, Hitech 0.9 soft grad & Redsnapper Tripod.

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
F/8, ISO 100, 91.6 seconds, focal length - 13 mm.

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
I used Silkipix on the RAW file for the white balance and then used ACDSee to make sure it was level and make a very slight crop.

Q4. What is the location?
The location is Ullswater in the Lake District looking towards St Sundays Crag/Heron Pike, England, UK.

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
The water was quite calm but not completely still. I also noticed that the clouds were moving nicely over Heron Pike. I thought that both factors would make for a nice long exposure. I also decided to leave put the polariser on, as combined with the Hitech it can produce quite pleasing colours at sunrise/sunset.

Extra Q: Please share an interesting or funny fact that happened while working on this photograph.
You'll notice that the rocks in the foreground are wet - I'd damped them down with my hands which I think worked. The only problem was it was about -5 or -6, and over the next few minutes they froze solid as I'd forgotten my gloves and had nothing to dry them on. I'd only just got them dry when the exposure finished. I then moved the camera at the end of the exposure and the filter fell off into the water - I'd attached the hitch with blutac so I had a wider field of view. Hands got wet (and cold) again.

No comments:

Post a Comment