08 January 2011

Vancouver Moonrise by Lloyd Barnes

Vancouver Moonrise

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
Olympus Pen E-PL1 camera, Olympus 50-200 mm zoom lens, tripod

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
For the city scene: focal length 50 mm, 8 sec at f/5.6, ISO 100. I used the self timer to take the photo without touching the camera during the exposure to avoid motion blur.

For the moon: focal length 200 mm, 1/125 sec at f/16, ISO 100


Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
Lightroom 3.3 and Photoshop CS4

Q4. What is the location?
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
I wanted to combine the beautiful cityscape with the fresh snow on the background mountains and the full moon. The settings for the moon exposure were very different than the settings for the cityscape, so I took the photos separately and combined them in Photoshop. I thought it would look more interesting if the moon was rising over the mountains. Later, I converted the photo to black and white in Lightroom and loved the results!

Extra Q: Please share an interesting or funny fact that happened while working on this photograph.
This is the first shoot that I did with my new Olympus Pen E-PL1 camera and I was very happy with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment