05 January 2011

Christmas by Jill Maguire

Christmas (154 of 365)

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
Nikon D700 and a 50mm F/1.4 lens that my husband gave me for Christmas (I had just opened it and put it on the camera before I took this shot).

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
Aperture priority set to f/1.4 (there were two overhead lights but the room was still pretty dark), 1/100 shutter, ISO 2500. For indoor shots I always use manual focus point and I aim for the eyes. I also set the ISO to whatever will give me at least a 1/60s shutter speed.

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
Lightroom 3 using a built-in preset.

Q4. Who is the model?
My dog Brady.

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
I was taking pictures of Brady tearing up wrapping paper and I knew I wanted Christmas tree bokeh in the background. I picked this shot because it looks like he's exhaling bokeh dots.

Extra Q: Please share an interesting or funny fact that happened while working on this photograph.
While in this position, Brady looked at me and burped, which I also caught on camera. That shot is in the comments of the main shot uploaded on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment