25 December 2010

We met Santa Claus by Gaston Batistini

FLICKR EXCLUSIVITY! We met Santa Claus

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
Canon 5DMKII with the 24/105mm 4IL IS USM

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
ISO 100, 1/6 sec, f/4.0, @55mm

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
Adobe Photoshop CS5

Q4. Who is the model?
An old guy who is doing Santa Claus every year in the Bitcher'land in France

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
I went to my parents in law and in the middle of the night I woke up and I told to my wife that I want to make a picture of Santa Claus in his house. The morning we called him and I told him that I was a fan of him and I wanted to visit him in his house to make the picture. He was astonished but finally I convinced him and he agreed.

Extra Q: Please share an interesting or funny fact that happened while working on this photograph.
There was no way to come with a lot of material while a single flash was not the best way to do it. So I put him on a chair near a window and it gave this great Santa Claus look.

No comments:

Post a Comment