12 October 2010

Pepper Splash! by Dennis Ramos

Pepper Splash! [Explored!]

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
My camera equipment used in this image was a Nikon D300S with a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens. For the lights, I have the Nikon SB600, a YongNuo YN460 and a red-gelled Quantaray PZ-1 for the background.

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
ISO-200, 1/200 sec @ f/11, 50mm focal length and 0 exposure compensation.

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
I used Photoshop for my post-production to sharpen some details, contrasts, and shadows.

Q4. What is the subject of the photo?
The subject is a red bell pepper I found in the fridge.

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
It was one rainy night and I was bored and hungry. I got some food but still wanted to eat more so while I was rummaging the fridge I saw this shiny red bell pepper, so perfect and red that I thought about this composition. It took me around 80 shots to get that perfect "splash" with the right focus. The next night I found this red bell pepper in the dining table stewed among the beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment