17 October 2010

Kawagebo, Yunnan, China by Ping Ping

kawagebo, Yunnan, China

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
Nikon D80, 18-135 mm lens

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
F5.6, 1/250, ISO 160, EV -2.0

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
I remember that there is no post-production on this photo.

Q4. What is the location?
It is right at the boundary of Tibet and Yunnan province in China. Actually it is one of the most famous and important mountains in Tibetan buddhism.

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
I just got my first camera during that trip. I tried to take photos of everything. Once I saw a photo of the gold shining snow mountain there. I asked my friend where was it and how to take those kinda photos. After talking for a night, we decided to go there the next day.

Extra Q: Please share an interesting or funny fact that happened while working on this photograph.
The lights in the sunrise turn the white snow mountain into gold shining color so I woke up around five in the morning to wait for the moment. Unfortunately the weather was not good enough and there were too many clouds in the sky to cover the whole mountain. In addition, It was so cold that I felt that I had lost my figures and nose. When I almost gave up after being frozen for almost two hours, Kawagebo showed its face to me! It only lasted for several minutes. I love nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment