18 November 2010

Half Off by Arek Papelian

half off

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
I used a Canon EOS 5D Mark II with a 100mm f2.8 L IS, Canon 430 ex2 Flash fired with Cactus V4 Flash Triggers. The flash was at about a 45 degree angle from the subject. Oh, and I used a snoot. The flash was about 3 feet away from the subject on a tripod and the camera was about half that distance away from the subject. I used a Hahnel Giga T Pro remote for shutter release.

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
Exposure 1/200 sec, Aperture f/13.0, Focal Length 100 mm, ISO Speed 50

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Q4. What is the subject of the photo?
I lit the matches with a lighter, and waited for it to reach the middle, just as it did, I fired the camera. This was the first and only try, so I was very pleased because I didn't have any more matches. I also used a magic marker to color the matches red, because I didn't like them white! =)

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
I came up with the idea from boredom! I didn't have other match shots before and wanted to try something different. I didn't use all of the tools at once, so i wanted to do something that require almost everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment