31 October 2010

Guardian of the haunted villa by Roman Sołowiej

[ guardian of the haunted villa ]

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
I used Nikon D700 with Samyang 14 mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC (cheap but good Korean manual lens) and Benro tripod.

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
I took 9 exposures for HDR photo at ISO 200 and aperture f/11.

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
To create HDR photo I used Photomatix for tone mapping and Photoshop for post processing.

Q4. What is the location and who is the model?
Location is abandoned "haunted" villa in Gdańsk, Poland. Model is my friend Andre Govia who was cut from his self-portrait (www.flickr.com/photos/andregovia/4796696675/) and pasted into my final HDR image during post production.

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
Nothing special, I like pictures of abandoned and forgotten places. An HDR technique shows more details than a human eye normally sees, so that's the main reason it is often used in such kind of photos. At first I had a feeling that there is something missing in the picture and I thought it was nice to put any person there. So I asked for permission to use the picture of Andre. The title came to my mind during the processing of the image.

1 comment: