07 October 2010

Untitled by Phil Peterson

IMG_2170-1-sm

5 questions about this photo:

Q1. What equipment did you use?
I used a Canon 5D with 16-35mm f2.8 lens. I used a beauty dish on a White Lightning X1600 for the main light with the sunset as the background.

Q2. What settings did you have on your camera?
I have no idea what my camera settings were other than the shutter speed was probably 1/160th because that's the best sync speed for my strobe.

Q3. What software did you use during the post-production?
I used Photoshop CS3 with Adobe Bridge and I think I might've used a couple of Nik Efex filters but I don't remember what I did. Honestly, the important thing to me is trying to do everything I can in camera and with the stobe(s) and/or ambient so that I don't have to do much post processing.

Q4. Who is the model?
The model is Angie Sansone, a very talented and beautiful dancer with the Kansas City Ballet and Quixotic Fusion. This was a photo session for Quixotic Fusion (www.quixoticfusion.com)

Q5. How did you come up with the idea of this shot?
I've wanted to do this image for about a year although, I didn't know it would be with Quixotic and Angie. The idea originally came to me when photographing a model for a friend of mine who is a clothing designer who hand makes gorgeous and unique clothing. I love to work with fabric because it flows gracefully and compliments the shape of the female form. It also can add to the drama of the image like it did with the one chosen.

Extra Q: Please share an interesting or funny fact (if any) that happened while working on this photograph.
Angie was standing on a narrow steel beam on the roof of my building. Most people might be a little intimidated being 6 floors up but Angie has a ninja-like sense of balance and body awareness so she rocked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment